Urgently Needed Items
- $5 and $10 gift cards to Target, Walmart, PetSmart, Lowe's, Staples, Ithaca Agway, Ithaca Grain & Pet Supply or Amazon - all of these help us make a dent in our enormous need for supplies!
- Large and X-Large Kongs (black, extra tough style)
- Large hard rubber dog toys
- Cat collars
- Kitten nursing bottles
- SnuggleSafe heat discs
- Squeeze/Spray Cheese
- Cat toys - all kinds
- Canned Pate Style Cat Food
- Kitten Chow
- Canned Dog Food
- Soft/Chewy Dog Treats
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Soap
- Copy Paper
- Fine Point Dry Erase Markers
- Cat Wand Toys (esp. "Da Bird")
- Cat Wand Toys "Da Bird" replacement attachments
- (Please no carpet cat trees)
- 9-volt batteries (for microhip scanners - regular or rechargeable)
- Kuranda Beds (L, XL)
- Mesh Dog Harnesses
- Sense-ible Dog Harnesses (L & XL)
- Easy Walk Dog Harnesses ( L & XL)
- Swheat Scoop Kitty Litter
- File Storage Totes
- Digital Baby Scales
- 13 Gallon Trash Bags
- Hand Sanitizer
- Medium (10" - 16") Dog Collars
- Plastic Crates and Shelving for Kitty Perches
- Lint Rollers (for surgery garb)
- Latex Gloves (M & L, unpowdered)
- Towels and Washcloths
- 16 and 32 Ounce Spray Bottles
- Mozzarella Sticks (low fat, for dog training)
- Gentle Leaders (M, L)
- Postage Stamps
- D.A.P. Collars for Dogs
- Feliway Refills
Click here for our complete wish list!
With lots of pets needing care, there are LOTS of ways you can help us. Many of the items below are linked to samples for reference. Everything can be found locally or on our Amazon.com wish list!
We recommend Hill's® Science Diet® Pet Food
Makers of Cat Attract
Thank you PetMeds for your generous donation!
Did you know that in a single year the SPCA of Tompkins County is a temporary home for close to 3,000 animals? We take in animals surrendered by the public and help stray and abandoned animals in Tompkins County. Our main source of funding is charitable donations from individuals and businesses. Your donation will help provide medical and daily care for shelter animals. Your support will also help us provide programs to educate the public on the importance of spaying/neutering and proper animal care. We are not affiliated with any national organization or branch of government -- all donation dollars provide benefits and services to the animals right here in Tompkins County:
- Shelter, food and veterinary care for homeless animals
- Pet adoptions at the shelter 6 days a week, at our Annex 7 days a week, and at off-site event
- Free and low-cost spay/neuter surgeries for the dogs and cats of qualified county residents
- Lifesaving medical care including surgery
- And so much more!
Giving levels include:
The Sir Maxwell Braveheart Society
The Buddy Society
If you do not want to go online to donate, just print THIS FORM to fill out and mail with your check. All donations are appreciated!
There are also other ways to give to the SPCA of Tompkins County, such as:
- Donate your car! It is easy and quick - just contact Vehicles for Charity at 1-866-628-2277 or visit them online to learn how you can donate your car to the SPCA!
- Memorial / Tribute Brick Walkway - Please contact
for more information
- Calendar Contest (May through July)
- Needed Items: The shelter is always in need of donated items to help care for the shelter animals. - Click here for a list of our current needs.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 05 March 2014 18:47
Did You Know?
SPCA volunteers can help for as little as two hours a week!