Training and socialization classes for your pet!
The SPCA of Tompkins County offers limited training and socialization opportunities. You can check our calendar of events for a more complete and up to date listing. Some classes may vary due to time of year. For more information on training and socialization classes you can call (607) 257-1822 x230 or email email@example.com.
This weekly class, every Sunday 1:00 pm - 3:15 pm, is a supervised environment for dogs to learn and develop their social skills, or to just give them an opportunity to run around with other dogs in a safe and clean environment. Owners will learn about dog-to-dog interactions. It is a great alternative to the Dog Park, and a portion of the fees assist the SPCA of Tompkins County.
- $60 for 6 consecutive sessions ($30 for SPCA Alumni)
- $80 for 10 consecutive sessions ($50 for SPCA Alumni)
- Small/Shy Group: Sunday, 1:00-1:30pm (dependent on need)
- Small/Medium Dogs: Sunday, 1:30-2:15pm (30-40 lbs or smaller, depending on the dog's need and play style)
- Big Dogs: Sunday, 2:30-3:15pm (40 lbs or larger, depending on the dog's need and play style)
This class gives puppies ages 8-20 weeks a safe place to learn life skills, including socialization, play time with other dogs, and basic obedience. This class also offers help for both puppy and human to learn polite, respectful communication skills and how to read dog body language.
Classes will be on Saturdays at noon, and the cost is $15 per session. All pups must bring proof of DHPP vaccination and rabies vaccination (when old enough), and we recommend Bordetella/Kennel Cough vaccination for additional protection.
To sign up, please contact Karolin Klink at firstname.lastname@example.org or (541)-272-9464.